Friday, February 8, 2008

Project Update/Holidays Galore

Um, yeah, it's been almost forever since I've posted... I'm still as busy on the knitting front, and I have a few finished products to showcase and beam with pride at, since my friends and classmates don't appreciate getting a hat waved under their noses and being talked to at length about decreases and how nice the picked up stitches were...

Edited 11/02/08: OK, stealing a quick moment to list my current and possibly future projects:

On the needles
- Alpaca/acrylic capelet for Grandma. roughly 60% completed, need more yarn.
- Bad Juju voodoo doll. Casted on, roughly 7% completed, on-hold until 7th day of the lunar January, due to the imposed rule of no violence, bad things and etc. until then.
- Silvanus felted tote bag. Roughly 0.1% completed xD. Am currently wondering how much I'll mess up the Fair Isle charting or the felting. Also feel that the bright yellow is clashing with the green, and it's not the mellow cream-green effect it was supposed to have =/

Future projects
- Ice Queen. >.< Sheldon. He's adorable and would always make a good gift for someone.
- A baby blanket, maybe. A friend's mother is expecting, and I've wanted to try large cotton or wool knitting.
- A sweater or sock. Because, seriously, I need to learn.
- Heroes illusion scarf =) Yep, after painstakingly studying the alien illusion scarf to figure out how illusion knitting works, then realizing that I can just Google the appropriate information, I drew up a prelim illusion chart for the RNA helix/Godsend symbol that pops up everywhere in Heroes. Knowing me, though, I'll prolly frog and rework a million times before I get it right. =) Yes, I'm a proud fan and total geek.

Recently finished
- After blanking out on the directions online, I borrowed Stitch'n'Bitch and finally made a Kittyville Official Hat for myself! It's in a bright pink acrylic yarn, the seed stitch's uneven in some places, but I'VE FINISHED IT, AND IT LOOKS COOL! (at least, I'm under the delusion that it does on me...)
- Fetching: fingerless gloves, which isn't the most adequate for our frozen Canadian climate, but they look really pretty and I love the picot bind-off, so there!

Chinese New Year just passed and Valentine's Day is coming up. I'm no closer to finishing the capelet for Grandma and I really should think of a present for my little cousin's birthday. On the bright side, I don't have to knit a sweater for anyone this year! Yayz!

No comments: