Friday, December 28, 2007

Boxing Day, Yay!

Well, technically it was day-after-Boxing-Day, but details schmetails. Yesterday, Julie and I went on a library trip disguised as a shopping trip, hopping across half of downtown Toronto and hitting three libraries along the way.

Of course, I had to pay a visit to Lettuce Knit, a yarn shop downtown because of their Boxing Day sale.

I should've brought my camera with me. I don't know why I didn't.

The place was small, but it was gorgeous! From the moment of entering, I was surrounded by yarn and yarn and more yarn. The needles on stock were bamboo, and I wanted to start knitting socks, but although the size 0 dpns were fairly priced, the sock yarns were a little too expensive for me, even with the sale.

So, after fawning over the sheer selection for over 15 minutes, I picked out some yarn that were useful and moderately priced: 3 skeins of 100% wool in green and 1 in yellow (for Silvanus), and 1 hank of 100% organic cotton in a lovely light blue.

No comments: