Saturday, July 12, 2008

Elementary, my dear readers

I love downtown Toronto, I really do. And I've spent over 40 dollars at Americo and Romni Wools. Good thing or bad? I still haven't decided yet. However, I do have everything necessary to finish my Ester, and I'm totally prepared for the Knitting Olympics!

Seraphina is coming along splendidly - and I'm starting to get bored/frustrated. It's taking me over an hour now to work one row, and as pierine (butterfly-like, in the same manner that canine and feline is used. =) Proud English geek, what can I say?) as it looks right now, I'm itching to go back to my needles.

Speaking of which, needles hold an amazing potential to hurt. Not that I've experienced it first hand (yet), but I'm sure that the good community of knitters could vouch for my statement. Forget the butler, wouldn't it be awesome if we've got a Clue-type mystery going, and it turns out that the sweet little old lady across the street did it with her knitting needles?

Also, yesterday at the subway station:

(On the subject of our love of all things Sherlock Holmesian. Julie's fault. Conversation very paraphrased. Julie, you can yell at me if you ever find this.)
Moi: Seriously, I should knit you the hat, ya know, the one he doesn't actually wear. And the cape too, which he also doesn't actually wear.
Julie: I can go as him for Halloween this year, then! So that makes you Watson, then?
Me: Considering that I'm a lot less observant? That's a given.

So, um, does anyone know a good pattern for Sherlock Holmes knitted stuff?

1 comment:

Cimorine said...

Actually, No. It's been a hard thing to find patterns for dear Sherlock. the Ravelry group might have a few ideas by now. For someone so ingrained in our society, there aren't many patterns for him.